Custom Search

Unit 3: I’m from Florida

CUT 1

Music

Max: Good morning, Kathy. How are you this morning?
Kathy: I`m great! And you?
Max: Pretty good. [Intro: His name is Robert Harris.]
Kathy: We have a guest with us today.
Max: What`s his name?
Kathy: His name is Robert Harris.
Max: Robert Harris?
Kathy: Yes, Robert Harris.
He`s from the United States.




MUSIC

CUT 2

Larry: What`s his name? (pause for repeat)
Max: His name is Robert. (pause for repeat)
Max. His name is Robert. (pause for repeat)
Larry: What`s her name? (pause for repeat)
Max: Her name is Kathy. (pause for repeat)
Max: Her name is Kathy. (pause for repeat)


MUSIC

CUT 3

Kathy: Now it`s time for our interview. Our guest today is Robert Harris. Good morning, Mr. Harris.
Bob: Good morning, Kathy. Please call me Bob.
Kathy: OK, Bob. I have a question for you.
Bob: Please, go ahead.
Kathy: OK, where are you from?
Bob: I`m from Florida. Disney World is in Florida. Kathy: Is Disney World in Miami?
Bob: No, it`s not. It`s in Orlando. Orlando, Florida.
Kathy: Are you from Orlando?
Bob: No, I`m not. I`m not from Orlando. I`m from Miami.
Kathy: That`s very interesting. Thank you.
Bob: You`re welcome.
Kathy: Our guest is Bob Harris. He`s from Miami, Florida. We`ll talk more after our break. This is New Dynamic English.

CUT 4

Larry: Where are you from? (pause for repeat)
Bob: I`m from the United States. (pause for repeat)
Larry: Where are you from? (pause for repeat)
Bob: I`m from Florida. (pause for repeat)
Larry: Where are you from? (pause for repeat)
Bob: I`m from Miami. (pause for repeat)


MUSIC

CUT 5

Kathy: Now it`s time for a phone call. Hello. You`re on the air with New Dynamic English.
Khalid: Hello. My name is Khalid. I come from Cairo.
Kathy: You come from Cairo?
Khalid: That`s right. I come from Egypt. Cairo is the capital of Egypt. I have a short question for Mr. Harris.
Bob: Yes. What is it?
Khalid: You come from Florida. Is Memphis in Florida?
Bob: No, it`s not. It`s in Tennessee.
Khalid: Is Max from Florida?
Bob: No, he`s not. He`s from California.
Khalid: California?
Bob: That`s right. He`s from California.
Khalid: Oh. Thank you. Good-bye.
Bob: Good-bye.
Kathy: Bob, thank you for being our guest today.
Bob: Thank you for inviting me.
Kathy: Let`s take a short break.

CUT 6

Max: San Francisco. (pause and repeat)
Max: San Francisco is in California. (pause for repeat)
Max: Where is San Francisco? (pause for repeat)
Max: San Francisco is in California. (pause for repeat)
Max: London. (pause for repeat)
Max: London is in England. (pause for repeat)
Max: Where is London? (pause for repeat)
Max: London is in England. (Pause and repeat)

CUT 7

Walter: Hi, my name is Walter. Walter Kennedy. (short pause)
Michael: Hello, my name is Michael. Michael Davis. (short pause)
Walter: Nice to meet you. (short pause)
Michael: Nice to meet you, too. (short pause)
Larry: Listen and repeat Are you from New York? (pause for repeat)
Michael: No, I`m not. (pause for repeat)
Where are you from? (pause for repeat)
I`m from Arizona. (pause and repeat)


MUSIC

CUT 8

Kent: This is the New Dynamic English Man on the Street, Kent Moss. Today I`m standing in front of the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. Excuse me, Sir?
Henry: Yes?
Kent: I`d like to ask you a few questions.
Henry: OK, go ahead.
Kent: What`s your name?
Henry: My name is Henry Parker.
Kent: And where are you from?
Henry: I`m from Tallahassee.
Kent: Tallahassee?
Henry: Yes, Tallahassee.
Kent: Where is Tallahassee?
Henry: It`s in Florida. Tallahassee is in Florida.
Kent: Is that a Spanish name?
Henry: No. it`s an Indian name.
Kent: from India?
Henry: No, American Indian.
Kent: Really?
Henry: Yes, some American cities have Indian names.
Kent: Some American cities have Spanish names, like Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Kent: And a lot of names come from England, like New York, and New Hampshire
Henry: American names come from all over the world.
Henry: That`s right. Well, thank you very much for talking with me.
Henry: You`re very welcome.


MUSIC

CUT 9

Max: Kathy, my wife and I are having a dinner party this weekend. Would you like to come?
Kathy: Friday night? Sure I`d love to.
Max: Good. You can meet my wife, Karen, and my son, John.
Kathy: Oh, that would be great! Can I bring anything? (Tôi có thể làm món gì đem đến không).
Max: Oh, no. Don`t bother.
Kathy: What time should I come?
Max: We plan to eat around 8:00, so why don`t you come between 7:00 and 7:30?
Kathy: That would be great. I`ll be looking forward to it. I can`t wait to see your new house.

CUT 10

Eliz: I`m here today with Gary Engleton. Gary is the host of “Gary`s Tip” and also of “Culture Tips.” Hello, Gary! Nice to see you again!
Eliz: Gary, it`s nice to tell our listeners a little about our show.
Gary: Okay! Why don`t you start?
Eliz: All right. As you know, we are following some important business meetings and negotiations. Over the next several weeks, we will be interviewing three business people: Charles Blake, Mike Epstein, and Shirley Graham. Our first guest is Charles Blake. Mr. Blake lives in Beijing, China. He works for International Robotics, a Chinese company.
Gary: What kind of company is it?
Eliz: International Robotics manufactures industrial robots.
Gary: Robots. So it`s a high-tech company.
Eliz: Yes, it is. Then in another program, we`ll interview Mike Epstein. Mr. Epstein lives in Sunnyvale, California, in Silicon Valley. He works for Advanved Technologies, an American company.
Gary: That sounds like a high-tech company too.
Eliz: Yes. Advanced Technologies makes computer components. The third person we`ll interview is Shirley Graham. Ms. Graham is Mr. Epstein`s boss. She`s a Vice President at Advanced Technologies. And you`ll see, she and Mr. Epstein don`t always agree.
Gary: It sounds interesting. When do we start?
Eliz: In just a moment. Charles Blake will be our first guest. But first, let`s take a short break. I`ll see you later, Gary.
Gary: My pleasure.


Custom Search

  ©Copyright by English 4 Student 2010. Contact us Advertising Send Articles Gửi Bài



Back to TOP