Custom Search

Unit 11: Do You Speak Spanish?

CUT 1


Max: Good morning Kathy. How are you today?
Kathy: Not bad. And you?
Max: Fine, just fine.
Kathy: Our guest today is Maria Alvarez
Max: Maria Alvarez? Her name is Spanish. Is she from Spain?
Kathy: No, she isn`t. She`s from the United States.
She`s American.

Music



CUT 2


Larry: Listen and Repeat.
Max: Her name ...is Maria Alvarez.(pause for repeat)
Max: Her name...is Spanish.(pause for repeat)
Max: Is she Spanish?(pause for repeat)
Max: No, she`s American.(pause for repeat)
Max: His name...is Pierre Dubois.(pause for repeat)
Max: His name...is French.(pause for repeat)
Max: Is he French?(pause for repeat)
Max: Yes, he is. He`s from Paris.(pause for repeat)


Music

CUT 3


Kathy: Now, it`s time for today`s interview. Our guest today is Maria Alvarez. Good morning, Ms. Alvarez.
Maria: Good morning. Please call me Maria.
Kathy: OK. Maria, where do you come from?
Maria: I come from San Jose.
Kathy: San Jose, California?
Maria: That`s right. San Jose, California.
Kathy: Your name is Spanish, isn`t it?
Maria: That`s right. Alvarez is a Spanish name.
My parents come from Mexico.
Max: Do you speak Spanish?
Maria: Yes, I do. I speak Spanish and English.
Kathy: Me too. I speak English and Spanish.
Max, do you speak Spanish?
Max: No, I don`t. I don`t speak Spanish.
Kathy: Our guest is Maria Alvarez.
We`ll talk more after our break.
This is New Dynamic English.


Music

CUT 4


Larry: Listen and repeat.(pause for repeat)
Max: Maria speaks Spanish.(pause for repeat)
Max: She speaks Spanish and English.(pause for repeat)
Maria: I speak Spanish and English.(pause for repeat)
Max: Kathy and Maria speak Spanish.(pause for repeat)
Kathy: We speak Spanish and English.(pause for repeat)
Max: I don`t speak Spanish.(pause for repeat)
Kathy: Max doesn`t speak Spanish.(pause for repeat)

Music

CUT 5


Kathy: Our guest today is Maria Alavarez. She comes from San Jose, California. Her parents come from Mexico.
Maria, do your parents speak English?
Maria: Yes, they do. My mother speaks Spanish and English.
Kathy: Does your father speak English?
Maria: Yes, a little. He usually speaks Spanish.
Kathy: We have time for a telephone call.[telephone ring - tiếng điện thoại reo]
Kathy: Hello. You`re on the air with New Dynamic English!



Caller: Hello. My name is Bit. I`m from Thailand. I have a question for Maria.
Maria: Yes, go ahead.
Caller: You`re from California, right?
Maria: That`s right.
Bit: In California, do people speak Spanish?
Maria: That`s a good question. Some people in California speak Spanish. Many people in California speak both Spanish and English.
Kathy: Bit, I have a question for you.
Bit: (nervous laughter) Ahh, for me? Ahh, okay.
Kathy: Do people in Thailand speak English?
Caller: In Thailand, people speak Thai, but some people also speak English.
Kathy: I see. Thank you.
Maria: Thank you for calling.
Kathy: Maria, thank you for coming on our show.
Maria: Thank you for inviting me.
Kathy: We hope to see you again.
Maria: Thank you. I`d like that.


Music

CUT 6

Larry: Listen and repeat.
Max: English.(Pause for repeat)
Max: Do you speak English?(Pause for repeat)
Maria: Yes, I do.(Pause for repeat)
Maria: I speak English.(Pause for repeat)
Max: Are you English?(Pause for repeat)
Maria: No, I`m not.(Pause for repeat)
Maria: I`m not English.(Pause for repeat)
Maria: I`m American.(Pause for repeat)
Max: Spanish.(Pause for repeat)
Max: Do you speak Spanish?(Pause for repeat)
Kathy: Yes, I do.(Pause for repeat)
Kathy: I speak Spanish.(Pause for repeat)
Max: Are you Spanish?(Pause for repeat)
Kathy: No, I`m not.(Pause for repeat)
Kathy: I`m not Spanish.(Pause for repeat)
Kathy: I`m American.(Pause for repeat)

Music

CUT 7


At the Tokyo Airport
Woman 1: Excuse me. Do you speak English?(short pause)
Woman 2: Yes, I do.(short pause)
Woman 1: Is this the bus to Yokohama?(short pause)
Woman 2: Yes, it is.(short pause)
Woman 1: Thank you.(short pause)
Woman 2: You`re welcome.(short pause) Woman 1: Are you from Yokohama?(short pause) Woman: No, I`m not.(short pause)
Woman 1: Where are you from?(short pause)
Woman 2: I`m from Korea.(short pause)


Larry: Listen and repeat.


Woman 1: Are you from Yokohama?(pause for repeat)
Woman 2: No, I`m not.(pause for repeat)
Woman 1: Where are you from?(pause for repeat)
Woman 2: I`m from Korea.(pause for repeat)
Woman 1: Really?(pause for repeat)

Music

CUT 8

Kent: This is the New Dynamic English Man on the street, Ken Moss. Today I`m standing in a children`s playground in Washington, D.C. Excuse me?
Barbara: Yes?
Kent: Are these your children?
Barbara: My children? Well, yes and no. I`m not their mother. But I do take care of them. I`m a childcare worker.
Kent: Oh, I see.
Barbara: Their parents are diplomats. They come from all over the world.
Kent: Oh, they`re so cute!
Barbara: Yes, aren`t they? Ying is from China. Mohammed is from Saudi Arabia. Hans and Frista come from Germany. And Michael is from Sierra Leone.
Kent: Sierra Leone? Where`s that?
Barbara: It`s in Africa.
Kent: I see. Do they all speak English?
Barbara: Yes, they do. They speak English as a second language. Ying speaks Chinese and English. Mohammed speaks Arabic and English. Hans and Krista speak German and English. And Michael speaks English and French.
Kent: Do you speak all those languages?
Barbara: No, I don`t. I only speak English. Oh excuse me! Hans, come back here! Hans, Hans... I have to go!
Kent: OK. Nice talking to you.

Music



Custom Search

  ©Copyright by English 4 Student 2010. Contact us Advertising Send Articles Gửi Bài



Back to TOP